[pianotech] Flipping a truck

Marcel Carey mcpianos at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 7 06:07:52 MDT 2009

I forgot to mention that the truck would not be used with the blocks. But it only would work once the piano is set because you won't be able to move it after.

We had a director one year at the Orford Arts Center that didn't like the truck and was convinced that it affected the sound of the piano. So, before every piano concert, he had us remove the truck and use wood blocks that were the right height. Then we would have to put the piano back on the truck after the performance. Let me tell you that he was not the most popular director with the hall's crew. But for stability and "maybe tone", it was just rock solid.

Marcel