[pianotech] flipped truck

Israel Stein custos3 at comcast.net
Tue Jul 7 17:19:57 MDT 2009

>Tuesday, July 7, 2009 4:07:47 PM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific Wim Blees wrote:

>I wasn't talking about the weight distribution. You asked about the center of gravity. You asked if >a piano sitting on an inverted truck would be easier or harder to flip over. When I have the >answer, I assumed the piano would not be allowed the drop on one side, as what happens >when you try to lift the piano on a truck. Yes, that would make a difference. But that is not how >you asked the question. At least that's not how I interpreted the question.

Why would I even ask the question if it weren't about the piano/truck combination? Should be obvious...

>I have lifted one leg of a piano that's sitting on a truck, so I know what happens.

Good for you.

So I ask again - in terms that even Wim can understand - a piano mounted on a flipped truck, the entire shebang has a much higher center of gravity. So how would that affect the stability of the entire contraption?

Israel Stein