[pianotech] flipping a truck

David Ilvedson ilvey at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 8 11:16:54 MDT 2009

I talked with Bill at Jansen (a real talker...no quick answer...'-]) he advised against flipping (Wow, really?)...mentioned liability issues...

We got into a long discussion about the big castors on concert grands and the shorter legs.   Jansen has steel plates that go between the castor plate and the L bar to effectively raise the truck, also a L bar that drops and inch or so less than the regular ones...Our Hamburg had some wooden spacers under the legs to take up the difference but the steel plates would seem better...

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA  94044