[pianotech] Strings help needed, please

bppiano at aol.com bppiano at aol.com
Sun Jul 12 22:22:59 MDT 2009

As you ?or your brother has found out, the piano itself will play just fine, however the ?two notes you mentioned will have a slightly lesser volume. ?The two note involved ?need to have the broken string removed from the piano. ?The size string would be a 15 1/2 ?gauge string probably and the next time the tuner comes to service the piano, he will most likely replace it. ?Piano wire would mak a most effective garroting weapon, so I doubt it would be allowed past the guards and left in the hands of a professional (piano tech that is).

?Bruce P