[pianotech] Strings help

mediumship mediumship at verizon.net
Mon Jul 13 08:31:07 MDT 2009

Dear Andrew, Bruce, and Gerrald;  Thank you all for your prompt responses.

Andrew:  Great tip!  I've already sent a letter to Yamaha but have yet to hear back from them. I don't have the serial number so I will get that and call them. Thanks again.

Bruce: My brother has been rebuilding pianos for years. Sadly, and however temporary, he is an inmate working at the low security facility as their piano tech person. From what I understand of the set up there, each piano is in a soundproof room of its own. The staff will order the strings through Schaff Piano but he has to know the specifications to tell them; what diameters and how to order it. I went to schaffpiano-com but need an account #. Anyhow, to confirm, you are suggesting the strings he needs ( B5 & C6 ) are 15 1/2 mm gauge?

Gerald: I'm glad that your history of visits were safe and that you were protected on site. I have found most guards to be respectful and considerate when visiting.

Thank you, again. You have been most helpful!

Martha "Medium"
-----

Pianotech Digest, Vol 9, Issue 83: