[pianotech] Treble String Replacement

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Mon Jul 13 19:49:46 MDT 2009

<< Could I please get some e-mails briefly describing replacement by using
a dummy pin?  I know to back the pin out 3/4 of a turn, and putting about 3
full coils on the dummy pin.  But all the inbetween stuff that may save me
some time and heartache, would help. >>

Hmm,  don't forget to go through the agraffe before coiling.  I use a
t-hammer to twist the dummy pin with, and I usually go 2 1/2 turns.  I also line
up both holes in the pins in the block before hand, it is easier on the eyes
than hunting with the becket.

Ed Foote RPT
 <BR><BR><BR>**************<BR>An Excellent Credit Score is 750. See Yours
in Just 2 Easy Steps!