[pianotech] Spurlock jig

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 14 11:55:29 MDT 2009

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 12:45 PM, Richard <richard.ucci at att.net> wrote:

> List,
> My first hammer hang with jig, do the hammer shanks need to be level or can
> the shelf be angled ?
>
> Sent from my iPhone

Hi Richard,

I have that jig, the shanks should be level which usually happens
"automatically" if the hammers were bored correctly. The shelf the tails
rest on, if I'm not mistaken, is fixed and can't be angled. The only shelf
that can be "angled" is the hammer alignment shelf which should be set to
samples, I use the end hammers of the old set and if the section is a long
one, I'll leave one in the center as well.

Good luck,

Mike

--
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
Steven Wright

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service
608-786-4404