[pianotech] Convention

J. Stanley Ryberg jstan40 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 20 15:39:36 MDT 2009

Friends,

We had quite a large contingent from the Chicago Chapter at the Convention...the overwhelming majority of the comments that I heard were to the effect that this was a surprising convention in many ways...but mostly the number of techs who came, in spite of (possibly because of) the economic situation at present.  The next comment was about the very high quality of classes delivered to us by outstanding faculty and the third comment was about Grand Rapids itself...the downtown area was delightful.  Clean, vital, viable, active, lots of people around, activities going on close to the hotel, restaurants of every stripe...what's not to like?  Very impressive!

For my own part, thanks to Ron Nossaman for a riveting all-day class and thanks to Andre Oorebeek for yet another...we were most certainly screwed down to our chairs in THAT one!!

Great experience and wonderful to see old friends and make new ones...just what a convention ought to be.

Cheers!

Stan Ryberg
Barrington IL
jstan40 at sbcglobal.net