[pianotech] Favorite Piano Recordings

Marcel Carey mcpianos at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 21 14:13:17 MDT 2009

Geza Anda, Chopin Waltzes. RCA Victrola 7744-2-RV. This is is last recording and I really like the piano.

Marcel Carey

From: tpa2sfr at pacbell.net
To: pianotech at ptg.org
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 08:52:53 -0700
Subject: [pianotech] Favorite Piano Recordings

I had the opportunity to take some voicing classes at last week's convention (all were excellent).  One of the many messages coming out of these was the need to do a fair bit of time just listening to piano performances.  I know that a recording can never match a live performance (and I plan to attend more recitals) but I've also realized that my personal recording library is seriously lacking.

But, where to start?  There are easily thousands (millions?) of piano recordings out there.  So, I thought I'd come back to this group and ask: What are your favorite piano recordings?  Who is your favorite pianist?  Is there a specific recording that, "no library is complete without it"?  All inputs are appreciated.

The convention was AWESOME!

Rob Mitchell

Mitchell Piano Service
(415) 994-1030