[pianotech] damper tray support

donmannino at ca.rr.com donmannino at ca.rr.com
Tue Jul 21 15:52:47 MDT 2009

David,

Yes, I also used to get annoyed by the adjustment difficulties caused by the tray pivot location.  But I learned it has a purpose . . .

The tray pivot should be positioned so that the damper lever centers swing up and back when the pedal is used.  This makes the 1/2 pedalling work a little more smoothly.  Most players will not notice the difference, but experienced pianists will usually notice, and appreciate, the smoother damping when releasing slowly or floating the dampers just lightly on the strings.

Don Mannino