[pianotech] damper tray support

Gene Nelson nelsong at intune88.com
Tue Jul 21 18:07:58 MDT 2009

**** Thanks

> But my question is, why do you want to move the pivot point?  I'm not
> clear by what you are meaning by the "same plane as the lift lever center
> pin."  If you are referring to the damper lever center pins axis being
> different than the tray pivot axis, then there are good reasons to keep
> these two separated.

**** Yes - these two axis when brought together make for a much smoother
functioning back action.
Have done 5 now and like the results very much.
As part of the mod I will also remove leaf springs and replace with coil and
place it near the pitman - pitman also gets modified - replaced with
threaded rod - no rubbing on the key bed or scrubbing on the tray. Learned
it from Brett Dearing and Dale Fox.
The only down side that I observed is that the coil return spring - I get it
from Steinway - is not always strong enough.

Gene