[pianotech] New stuff at the convention?

Ed Sutton ed440 at mindspring.com
Wed Jul 22 19:22:39 MDT 2009

The exhibit hall isn't a great place to evaluate pianos, but it was easy to tell this piano is a valid instrument, and a technology we will see more of in the future. Carbon fiber soundboards are common now in fine classical guitars. The parlor-sized Steingraeber was a powerful instrument. The agraffes require zero downbearing and the soundboard doesn't need crown. How long do you suppose this piano will last? Expect development.

Ed S.