[pianotech] New stuff at the convention?

William Truitt surfdog at metrocast.net
Wed Jul 22 20:37:33 MDT 2009

Well, since there is so much carbon fiber floating around this piano, why
not sister a strip of carbon fiber on each side of the bridge (that is, in
the vertical plane) to stiffen it additionally to the degree desired?

The agraffes do add back some of the mass (and perhaps more) that you have
taken away from the bridge by shortening it.  Doing so will increase the
sustain in the treble area.  Whether this is optimal, I don't know.

So Ron, what were your impressions of the sound of the carbon fiber
soundboard?

Will