[pianotech] new TouchRail from PitchLock?

Gregor _ karlkaputt at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 23 02:15:04 MDT 2009

List,

I just followed the link in Ron´s posting about new stuff at the convention concerning the new TouchRail. The website is not very informative as to how that rail works. It seems that there is a little spring for every key. I assume that this spring makes the downweight easier because it presses the key downwards. Seems reasonable, but what´s about the upweight? The power of the spring should hinder the key to come upward again because the direction of the spring power is downwards. But there is a data graph showing that both downweigth and upweight became easier:

http://pitchlock.com/pdfs/touchtrail%20graph.pdf

How come??

Gregor