[pianotech] New stuff at the convention?

Mike Spalding mike.spalding1 at verizon.net
Thu Jul 23 07:09:54 MDT 2009

Wim,

Compare the sounds of two pianos, one having very short sustain, and the
other having very long sustain.  Does the short sustain piano sound just
like the long sustain piano up until the instant you can no longer hear
it?  Definitely not.  Although the easiest way for us to describe the
difference is by sustain length, there is a whole world of difference
between the sound envelopes of the two pianos, right from the beginning
of the attack.

Mike