[pianotech] Steinway L rebuild question

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Fri Jul 24 15:43:36 MDT 2009

The cushion felt appears too thick.  You won't have luck compressing them.
You'll have to remove the red felt strip and (if not glued to the underfelt)
peel the underfelt if it's the layered type.  If not then take it off with a
sharp chisel and glue on new felt cushions of the appropriate thickness.
After market parts do come with some problems.

David Love

www.davidlovepianos.com