[pianotech] regulating backchecks?

Mike Morvan keymaestro at verizon.net
Wed Jul 29 10:36:14 MDT 2009

Jim,
    What's missing is a way to duplicate the keybed as closely as possible out of the keybed. Chris Brown RPT  (Boston Chapter PTG) has created the "VIRTUAL KEYBED" which adjusts to duplicate the keybed out of the keybed. They are now in production and will be available soon.
    In combination with accurate string height measurements via his string height gauge, and other custom regulating fixtures such as the hammer hanging and squaring fixture, and the regulation station these tasks are easier, quicker, and most importantly more accurate.
    Give Chris a call, he is close to you and is always willing to help. No sense reinventing the wheel. Good luck, Mike

BLACKSTONE VALLEY PIANO
Michael A. Morvan
76 Sutton Street
Uxbridge, Ma 01569