[pianotech] regulating backchecks?

Al Guecia/AlliedPianoCraft AlliedPianoCraft at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 30 05:10:40 MDT 2009

I installed 5 glide bolts upside down (similar to some Baldwin grands) on
the front of my bench (which is a Steinway B keybed) and use them to make
the adjustments. The way I set them up is to use action springs to hold the
action firm to the bench, then I raise and lower the front glides in the
bench by checking the center glides as you do when bedding the action,
making adjustment to the front glides bolts 'til you get it right. Then I
check the key dip to be sure it's correct. Works great. I don't need to make
many adjustments in the piano after that.

Al G