[pianotech] helping a fellow tech

Chris Peacock chris2nr at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 14:54:38 MDT 2009

To the list:
This is Chris Peacock, RPT. from the Indianapolis chapter of the PTG.  Sorry
for the interruption, but I thought you might like to know.

Many of you know Bob Bussell, RPT from the time he was a Regional VP.  Here
is a letter I sent out to our chapter in an attempt to help him out in this
difficult time.

Hey Guys and Gals of the Indy chapter of PTG,

As you may know, one of our own, Bob Bussell, is going through a rough time
right now with the injury to his elbow.  He broke his elbow June 20th while
getting some exercise on his bicycle. He had surgery July 7th and is now
recuperating from that.  I recently spoke with him and he is improving and
even able to do some tuning, but is very limited as to how much he is able
to do.  He has had a lot of time unemployed and of course that has to put a
real pinch on the budget.

Even though this is the slow time of year for us, I think we could each chip
in a little to help. Anything would help him out at this time so don’t think
you have to come up with a wad. I think the easiest way to do this is to
simply send a check or use PayPal to send funds directly to him at

Robert Bussell

224 W Banta Rd.
Indianapolis, IN 46217

e-mail: RBUSSELL at iquest.NET

 If you prefer to donate anonymously send it to one of our (Indianapolis)
chapter officers clearly marked for Bob and we will be sure to get it to
him.

Here’s your chance to do a little good for one of our own who would do the
same for you if the situation were reversed. Bob has spent a lot of time and
energy in behalf of the local chapter and the region. He is a past PTG
regional VP and is currently serving our chapter as president and tuning
examiner. God forbid that any of us should experience a broken arm, but if
it did happen, it’s good to know that we belong to a chapter with people who
are caring and generous.  Kudos to Ron Berry & Leanne Cherry for helping out
with some of Bob’s clients for little or no recompense. Let’s all step up
and squeeze a little something out of a tight budget to lift the spirits of
a fellow technician.

Thank you.