[pianotech] string replacement

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Thu Jun 4 06:41:12 MDT 2009

Same thing here, as probably all university settings.  You get really good
really fast. Just be careful! You'll be fine.
Paul

"Porritt, David" <dporritt at mail.smu.edu>
Sent by: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org
06/04/2009 05:46 AM
Please respond to
pianotech at ptg.org

"pianotech at ptg.org" <pianotech at ptg.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [pianotech] string replacement

Jack:

I leave the damper on.  Here at the school I have to replace lots of
broken strings so I get lots of practice.  If you’re careful you can work
the string under the damper without damage.  Of course, a majority of the
treble strings that are broken don’t have dampers.

dp

David M. Porritt, RPT
dporritt at smu.edu