[pianotech] Rendering problem

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Jun 5 16:00:42 MDT 2009

So you think you're so smart Tom. He didn't say it was a Baldwin!

Having said that, I tuned one of my least-favorite pianos I service regularly - a 70-some year old Baldwin L with  rusty strings and the WORST rendering problems I have encountered! I dump a bunch of Protec CLP on all the forward contact points and especially the understring felt - it doesn't make the problem go away, but it sure does make it less bad.

One thing that makes the rendering problems even worse on this piano is that many of the tuning pins are almost loose.....  :-(

Oh, wait - is Tom suggesting more Baldwins than the one I service suffer from this affliction?   ;-)

Terry Farrell