[pianotech] Cracked plate thing

paul bruesch paul at bruesch.net
Fri Jun 5 16:43:49 MDT 2009

But Terry, those are not "antiques" with that "great tone" that only one of
those "majestic" old "upright grands" and "cabinet grands" can produce. Most
of all, they are not free for the rescue.

<g> (that means "Grin", or "Tongue in cheek")

Paul Anon

On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 5:19 PM, Farrell <mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com> wrote:<snip>

> The thought that makes the most sense to me is when I think of some of
> the nice little pianos that I've seen people find - a like-new
> 10-year-old Baldwin console for $900, an excellent condition
> 15-year-old Kimball console for $450 - when you realize there are nice
> (relatively speaking) little pianos available for cheap, it very quickly
> makes fixing up an old upright very uneconomical. I find that I can help
> them reach clarity on the issue when I tell them that they can easily spend
> $X (hundreds, thousand +) repairing the broken things on this old upright
> and you will then have a repaired old upright that is worn out and plays
> poorly. How can you justify that when they can find a clean functioning
> newer piano for $1K or less.

<pins>