[pianotech] Half o t

PianoCare2 pianocare2 at bigpond.com
Fri Jun 5 18:21:20 MDT 2009

There are at least 3 performance pianos.. I'll call them by.. S&S Satin New
York, S&S Gloss New York, and S&S Hamburg. 3 different sounding instruments.
One of the finalists wanted a different instrument for the concerto
rehearsal and the conductor disagreed with his choice, so that was fun to
watch!

I saw Ron Conors from S&S NY only briefly, however I would assume there are
others.

I tuned for the Silver-Garburg piano duo (who are in town for 2 concerti
performances) and during our conversation I mentioned that I was watching
the Van Cliburn competition. They told me of the great technicians in
Texas.. So whoever are the concert guys in Texas. keep up the good work..

The prizewinners are announced Sunday night Texas time.. that's Monday late
morning for me... and Monday is a public holiday here!

Brian