[pianotech] (no subject)

Matthew Todd toddpianoworks at att.net
Fri Jun 5 19:47:22 MDT 2009

Key contact to keyslip was a okay.

TODD PIANO WORKS
Matthew Todd, Piano Technician
(979) 248-9578
http://www.toddpianoworks.com

--- On Sat, 6/6/09, Tom Sivak <tvaktvak at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

From: Tom Sivak <tvaktvak at sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [pianotech] (no subject)
To: pianotech at ptg.org
Date: Saturday, June 6, 2009, 12:02 AM

How about the front rail bushing?

Or is the key coming into contact with the keyslip and binding on that?

It's also possible that the weighting of the key is poor.  Wurlitzers often have short keysticks that are not weighted on the back enough.   You could try adding a lead weight to the top of the key to see if that solves the problem.  When all else fails, putting a lead weight on the top of the key near the capstan usually solves the problem.

Tom Sivak