[pianotech] Cracked plate thing

KeyKat88 at aol.com KeyKat88 at aol.com
Sat Jun 6 19:21:18 MDT 2009

Greetings,

          I agree with Terry; for all the good "orphan" pianos available,
in a case of questionability like this, I have found myself advising
customers to just keep looking and wait till something better presents itself. I
believe our job is to put things in perspective for customers.

  But I only have 6 plus years in this business, I have never seen a crack
like that in a piano plate. This would have me going too.  Also, you are
right... that crack had to come from something. Perhaps the piano was dropped
in a previous move, (that wouldnt be as worrysome) as...or it could be
something bigger/deeper. I would look hard for other clues, and then be brutally
honest. You cant guarantee the thing.

Julia G.
Reading, PA

In a message dated 6/5/2009 6:19:35 PM Eastern Standard Time,