[pianotech] Temperaments...again

Ryan Sowers tunerryan at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 02:05:03 MDT 2009

I read Ross's book and have come to the conclusion that he is a quack. I
understand his argument - but it just doesn't pan out in reality. Some of
the most influential and important piano recordings of the 20th century have
been in ET. Are all those guys morons? I don't  think so. In temperament
tuning there is always a cost. I agree with Jorgenson: There is always a
sacrifice for each

By all means experiment with HT tuning. But there is no Holy Grail.

--
Ryan Sowers, RPT
Puget Sound Chapter