[pianotech] Gram weight question

jim ialeggio jimialeggio at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 05:46:00 MDT 2009

Great thread

Hey Ron,

I'm trying to understand In practical terms the difference between 192g and
251g hide glue. I have been using 251 for everything but have a lb of 192 to
play with.

In practical terms, how is the 192g going to behave differently from 251g...

Do I have this right...

192g will achieve a thinner viscosity with less water?

Given a similar working viscosity, same temp, 192 will gel quicker than 251
because it has less water to lose?

In well fit joint, given similar working viscosity 192 leave more cured glue
in the joint than 251, since less of it is water?

What about bushings?

Jim I

--
grandpianosolutions.com (under construction)
Shirley, MA  (978) 425-9026