[pianotech] reducing sound transmission

Ron Koval drwoodwind at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 8 08:53:38 MDT 2009

List -

I received a request from a client who is a grad student (piano major) considering moving his grand to an apartment at school.  He's concerned with his practicing bothering the neighbors.  He currently has a third floor, with a someone living below, but a basement level apartment is a possibility.

I've suggested the sound isolating caster cups, foam baffles/blankets under the piano as well as blankets over the top.  The piano is a Weinbach and tends towards the brighter end of the spectrum.

Any other suggestions I should pass along?  I'm assuming electronic options are not suitable...

Thanks

Ron Koval
Chicagoland