[pianotech] what glue ....

William Truitt surfdog at metrocast.net
Mon Jun 8 17:06:47 MDT 2009

I've used it for gluing on damper felt also.   And I have regularly used it
for in home soundboard rib separation repairs with great success.  Fill my
glue pot with water, heat it up, put the bottle of glue.  The liquid hide
glue gets very thin and runny, which allows you to work it easily into the
void with a thin knife, and gives you enough set time to tighten down the
screws or drive the tapered wedges home.  I have not had a problem with glue
joint failures, for those of you who will ask.

Will