[pianotech] Floating bridge with a difference

pianoguru at cox.net pianoguru at cox.net
Tue Jun 9 20:48:31 MDT 2009

Wurlitzer did something very much like that probably 20-25 years ago.
They cut three saw kerfs through the apron.  Since that divided the
apron into four segments, they called it their "Quadro-sonic" bridge.
Don't you just love the marketing language they make up for such things?
As I recall, I was not particularly impressed with the perceived
benefit.

Frank Emerson