[pianotech] Floating bridge with a difference

Kerry kerrykean at att.net
Wed Jun 10 07:22:57 MDT 2009

It does seem like a cheap method (not necessarily a bad thing), but I'm
wondering just what did cause it to go badly out of regulation. Isn't
plywood pretty inert? Was the keybed substitute too thin? Or the tubing too
flimsy? Or the whole thing just poorly constructed? We do need to be open to
new ways of building pianos that save money without loss of performance.

Kerry Kean

www.ohiopianotuner.com <http://www.ohiopianotuner.com/>

  _____