[pianotech] Moving house

Alan Forsyth forsyth93 at btinternet.com
Wed Jun 10 16:10:35 MDT 2009

I recently moved house after 14 years. I was forced to downsize and had to get rid of a lot of accumulated possessions. I was however not willing to sacrifice my beloved player piano and made sure that it would fit through the doors of the new place with a tape measure. However I failed to take into account the staircases and discovered that the piano would not go around the landings, even on end as the diagonal of the piano was greater than the ceiling height of the stairs. So....... the piano was dismantled into a thousand million pieces and re-assembled once in place.

Went up the staircases like a breeze, so fast that the movement was too fast for the camera.

However there is a company dedicated to moving pianos to awkward places, no, it's not Crane & Sons, but......

..... and that's my tool case, not the piano!

And now that the pneumatic bog roll dispenser is back in it's rightful place, I can finally call the new place "home"!

AF