[pianotech] time warp

Israel Stein custos3 at comcast.net
Wed Jun 10 21:07:28 MDT 2009

Ed Sutton wrote:
> Last week I received an e-mail message that had been sent on April 11th!
> Where was it?
> ES
Ed,

In the so-called "bit bucket". At least that's what bona-fide certified
nerds call it. It seems that the "internet" (which is basically a
worldwide network of lots of computers through which data - including
e-mail - sort of finds its way using agreed-upon protocols to its
destination) has all kinds of virtual nooks and crannies that "swallow
up" messages - and sometimes spit them out months or even years later,
and sometimes never. Or maybe years after we are all dead and buried
some of those messages will show up at their destination - if it still
exists, that is... Some years ago I served on the Board of a musical
organization. About three years after I quit, I got a bunch of replies
to messages that I had sent out regarding organizational business -
dated several years before, from people I haven't communicated with for
years...

Israel Stein