[pianotech] Cleaning smoke from upright action

Scott Helms, RPT tuner at helmsmusic.net
Wed Jun 10 21:24:28 MDT 2009

Hi Elwood -

I've had really good success in the past with an ozone machine - I
actually subcontracted this with a company called ServPro that specializes
in restoration services. I think they are a national company, but if not,
there are usually companies in even medium-sized urban areas that do smoke
damage restoration. It's not all that expensive to do. Failing that, I
recommend you contact Dave Swartz, RPT, who is the reigning king of all
kinds of smoke & fire damage restoration for pianos. He should be in the
directory.
--
Scott A. Helms, Registered Piano Technician
480-818-3871