[pianotech] sluggish (was no subject)

Keith McGavern kam544 at allegiance.tv
Fri Jun 12 15:30:26 MDT 2009

Matthew,

As to proper procedure would be to weigh off the keys as evenly as
possible, mark the location of key weights and size to be installed,
remove the keys, drill holes, swage the weights into place, replace
the keys and test your work.

However, Matthew, the easiest and quickest way to remedy the problem
is to add jiffy weights to insure the key returns to a home position.
It is also the least expensive to the customer. Not a pretty fix when
you look inside the piano, but very effective.

Keith