[pianotech] Damper Pedal

John Ross jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca
Mon Jun 15 16:26:36 MDT 2009

Sounds like one or two damper rod hangers have bent or broke.
If so remove damper rod, and drill out broken hanger.
Insert a suitable size nail, cut and bend to shape.
I have used a mini torch and solder to hold in place, and it seemed to work. Mind you, it was on a snug fit.
Brazing would be better.
John Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia.