[pianotech] Seeking - complete - player action for Mitchell upright player

Duaine & Laura Hechler dahechler at att.net
Wed Jun 17 16:56:37 MDT 2009

I have a customer with a gutted player piano that wants it -completely -
restored - if possible.

So, the piano is a full sized upright, Mitchell (Made in Boston) - S/N 66505

Here is what I know:

- key slip has usual controls: ((sustain and soft pedal buttons) or
(bass & treble soft buttons with loud pedal lever)); tempo lever;
reroll/play lever.

- the hammer rest rail is split for separate bass & treble soft
pneumatics mounted above the hammer rail on each end.

- the piano action is activated by use of the bottom of the wippen.
(IOW, no metal strips on the stickers)

What other kind of information would I need to look for, that would help
determine the player action.

P.S. I have awhile to look for the player action because I can't start
on it until late 2011 or early 2012

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ
dahechler at att.net
www.hechlerpianoandorgan.com
--
Home & Business user of Linux - 10 years