[pianotech] Calling all Chemists

johndelmore at suddenlink.net johndelmore at suddenlink.net
Thu Jun 18 17:20:47 MDT 2009

I generally use 6N hydrochloric acid in the lab.  If you don't have a source for that, there's a product called "The Works"...it's a toilet bowl cleaner (accept no substitute...obviously, not any old bowl cleaner will 'work'...), buck and a quarter at Wally-World.  I've used it with good results before, but it may need a little soak-time.  If you use either of these, rinse well and neutralize with a weak baking soda solution as soon as the rust is dissolved.

John