[pianotech] crown and radius and load

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Thu Jun 18 19:33:49 MDT 2009

William Truitt wrote:
> Hi Ron:
> You are referencing the assymetrical feathering of the rib when you refer to
> the kyudo, is there something more that you are referring to obliquely?
> Master Po?

I'm not that deep. The reference was to how the asymmetric
feathering isn't necessarily a performance detriment if it's
accommodated in the design. What works, works.

> How did Steinway address this in 1909?

 From the moment I got sucked into this stuff (thanks Del),
I've tried to make the point that you can't make a comparison
to the way Steinway does it because this is an entirely
different system than Steinway uses.

> For those of you who have a lot of experience doing this, I would be
> interested in how you work these details out.  Thanks,

I'd say talk to the guy who did the design for you. He's your man.
Ron N