[pianotech] Steinway Style 2

Clark Sprague CSPRAGUE4 at woh.rr.com
Thu Jun 18 19:37:30 MDT 2009

    List, I went to the house of a man yesterday, who has a Steinway Style
2, 7'3" grand for sale.  It needs completely rebuilt.  Pictures are
available, if desired.
    The serial number is #33450.  Funny thing is, that someone has changed
the number in the places that one would know to look (the keyslip, the front
of the action frame, they put it on the open faced pinblock, and on the
stretcher board above the bass strings, upside down no less), but they
didn't change the numbers on the inside of the cheek blocks, or on the
underside of the fallboard.  What they did was add a 1 to the other numbers,
making it look like it is a 1908, when in reality, it is an 1876.  He called
it a Centennial Edition (I really don't know about that, but I could
envision a very beautiful instrument if re-done well).  As I said, I have
some pictures available, if anyone wants to see them.
    Anybody interested in a project?

Clark A. Sprague, RPT
csprague4 at woh.rr.com