[pianotech] Fazioli

William Truitt surfdog at metrocast.net
Fri Jun 19 17:19:13 MDT 2009

If you have not seen the Steingraeber, how would you not consider it to be
in the same league?  Did a little bird tell you?

I HAVE seen and heard the Steingraeber on a number of occasions, and would
consider it to be one of the world's great pianos, and certainly every bit
the measure of a Steinway B.

It has a different sound than a Steinway, as does a Fazioli. Everyone to
their own pleasure.

Not everyone realizes this, but it is not necessary for a great piano to
sound like a Steinway to be a great piano.

Will Truitt