[pianotech] re. Hide Glue Question

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sat Jun 20 20:11:27 MDT 2009

Joseph Garrett wrote:
> John,
> It has been my experience that the lesser quality glues do have an
> obnoxious odor. I would contact  your supplier and tell them aboot your
> experience. Their supplier may have given them a lesser quality glue
> than was intended. They need to know. Perhaps your supplier will know
> what grade it is. If it is below a 195, it would be a substandard glue
> and should not be used for the high level qualities we, (piano types),
> require/need.<G>

Joe,
The quality/refinement of the glue isn't reflected by the gram
weight, and you should know that. If anything below 195 gram
weight is substandard, then the 192g stuff you've been
gloating about buying is junk? How does this then qualify as
the best glue on the planet?

Substance is continuity. When the story changes with each
change of wind direction, credibility goes downwind with it.
Is it asking too much to get the real stuff, sans smoke and
bull dip, so we have at least the barest chance of making
sense of all this?

Ron N