[pianotech] Fazioli

David Boyce David at piano.plus.com
Sun Jun 21 06:35:54 MDT 2009

Brian, you mention:

> Someone
> made a comment that the Fazioli's sounded a little thin in recordings and
> others commented how well they are made. The most intelligent answer was
> that they were great pianos and the customer should purchase the one he/she
> preferred.
Thank you! I think I was first to reply in this thread, and I made the comment that at this level of quality the matter was subjective and the customer should play each and decide on his preference. I'm glad that sounded intelligent! (Simpers and looks shyly up from eyes modestly downcast).

If was in the happy position of spending that kinda money on a piano, I too would want to try Steingraeber, Bosendorfer (sorry JD) and whatever else was available to me to look at.

Regarding comments on the sound of the Fazioli, just for clarity. I said that I found that in CDs I have of them, they sound "cold". Not thin.

I don't find Faziolis cold or thin in playing them or listening live in recital. Someone else did say he found them thin, but that's not been my experience.

Best,

David.