[pianotech] Piano Key Leveling

Bruce Dornfeld bdornfeld at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 21 12:12:04 MDT 2009

Hi Jerry, I also have an old Everett key leveling stick.  I use it quite
often.  When the Everett name is right side up, it has the crown as you
describe.  When you turn it upside down, it is a flat leveling stick.  When
I am doing a remedial key leveling, that is not replacing a set of punchings
or parts, I try the stick on each way to see what it looks like.  It is
usually obvious which way they were done and I go with that.  When the
Everett name is facing you and upside down, it is a flat leveling stick.
Try yours on your flat surface and see.

Bruce Dornfeld, RPT

bdornfeld at earthlink.net

North Shore Chapter