[pianotech] Piano Key Leveling

Ryan Sowers tunerryan at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 18:32:23 MDT 2009

Well...theoretically if you wanted a true crown, wouldn't the key squaring
also need to be taken under consideration? For a true crown the keys would
have to be square in the middle and then gradually lean as you move towards
the ends.

If you started with a level and square keyboard, and then shimmed the rail,
this would happen naturally. Sure it would add a step, but it would only
take about 5 minutes to execute it.

--
Ryan Sowers, RPT
Puget Sound Chapter