[pianotech] Grand Hammer Removal / Replacement

Amadeus Piano amadeuspiano at comcast.net
Tue Jun 23 11:08:14 MDT 2009

Mike, thanks for the response. I was wondering whether I should heat the
glue or try splitting the head with nippers--Reblitz does recommend this on
vertical hammers where they cannot be pressed off.  But I esp. like the idea
of grinding down the point on the Schaff hammer press; I hadn't thought of
that and it makes sense.
Just what I was looking for--I appreciate it.
I don't have a proper knurler, so for the time being, I am knurling with a
pair of small pliers, careful, tedious work, but it seems to work ok.

Gary