[pianotech] 7' grand moves on thick padded carpet

William Truitt surfdog at metrocast.net
Tue Jun 23 19:19:15 MDT 2009

Good point, William:

I've removed and remounted many a leg that movers hurriedly put on a piano
several years before.  Sometimes a miracle that the leg did not slip out of
the plate and have the piano fall on the floor.  The eyeball check is to
look for air between the top of the leg and the bottom of the keybed.  I
would lift each leg with a jack as William suggests and check all three
legs, can't assume anything.  After all, how many lyres have you
repositioned after the movers left?

Will Truitt