[pianotech] a good article somewhat relates..

wimblees at aol.com wimblees at aol.com
Wed Jun 24 12:46:08 MDT 2009

We are skilled tradesmen, but we are also a "luxury". A bad weld or an improperly attached electrical connection could be devastating. But?an out of tune piano is never going to cause physical harm to anyone. ?Tha'ts not to say we shouldn't continue to improve our skills, nor do?mediocre work. But when it comes down to putting food on the table and tuning a piano, not too many people are going to opt for the latter.

Wim