[pianotech] Strange Customer Complaint

Chuck Behm behmpiano at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 21:32:47 MDT 2009

>It is like the customer I had with an Acrosonic. After tuning it and
leaving an Acrosonic as in good of tune as it can have, I get a call that it
doesn't sound right. Culmination after two trips was to set the unisons
about 3 to 5 cents off of each other and she was as "happy as a lark".
Ken Gerler<

Ken - I had a similar situation with a lady who call me after I tuned her
piano to ream me out for ruining her piano's "beautiful vibrato." I returned
to de-tune it to the point where one string of each note was just flat
enough to bring the vibrato back. She loved it, gushing over the fact that
each note was consistent now with the rest.

I asked her what her primary instrument was - figuring it wasn't piano. She
was a flute major in college. Aha!

No point of arguing in a situation like that. Just make 'em happy. It is,
after all, their instrument. Chuck Behm