[pianotech] Simon and Garfunkel Piano

Brian Wilson pianocare2 at bigpond.com
Sun Jun 28 05:47:23 MDT 2009

Hi Tom

Thanks for your reply and your wisdom regarding performance instruments on
tour.

I have to agree with everything you write. especially bringing own
technicians. One comment I have is that I ain't bagging the piano. I was
recommended to the American production team by two companies here in
Australia. The crew joked with me about being under pressure. I performed
the required work to the best of my ability, made sure the client was happy
by turning up on time, not complaining about being made to wait, performed
the work to satisfy the musical director etc. I got a big thank you from the
Australian production who paid me whilst I was watching the show.

The reason I mentioned the string was to prove that I may have seen the
hammer problems etc by seeing other problems.

I chose to say nothing to the crew re the piano as I believed that it wasn't
a problem that really needed addressing.

I was surprised to see the comments about the piano on this list. I didn't
think it was necessary to tell the world.

To be honest, I enjoyed working on a newish NY.

Regards

Brian

  _____